Whizz Kid Entertainment produces award-winning programmes across a huge range of genres including entertainment, factual entertainment, documentary, events and music.
With hit formats including Let’s Sing and Dance and Ex on the Beach and live events such as the BAFTA Film Awards or U2 360° At The Rose Bowl we create programmes that cut through in today’s multi-media landscape.
We are looking to recruit a Development Intern to join our team and work alongside our creative team.
You needn’t necessarily be a media graduate, you might be someone working in another creative arena but have a burning desire to work in TV or perhaps you have a head full of ideas and a love of writing and need somewhere to channel those energies. Whatever your background and whichever road you have taken to where you are, we don’t mind – we just want the right people, with the passion, ideas, skills and drive!
Our internship scheme provides an opportunity to work alongside industry professionals, providing a genuine, paid learning experience at an established production company.
The role involves developing ideas, cutting sizzle reels, writing treatments, attending and contributing fully to creative brainstorming sessions and participating in the creative processes of programme development..
We are looking for people with:
- creativity and brilliant ideas
- editing skills: Final Cut Pro ideally
- camera skills
- a passion for television and all things digital
- the ability to work well with others in a creative environment
- confidence and initiative
- relevant skill-set e.g. IT skills: Photoshop/PowerPoint
- a knowledge of current trends in television
Please only apply for the above position if you have the relevant experience.
How long will the placement last?
- For an initial 6 months with 1-month probation
What are the hours?
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am til 6pm
- £350 per week
- You would be entitled to have 14 paid days holiday during the 6 months (including any bank holidays)
How Do I Apply?
- Please complete the application form (downloadable from here) and return via email along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Development Intern as the subject line
Feel free to includes links to a portfolio or just something you have shot or edited.
Who can apply?
- You must be a British citizen OR have a valid work permit. Whizz Kid Entertainment is committed to eliminating bias in areas of selection and assessment directly or indirectly with regards to gender, ethnic background, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age and recruits fairly based only on individual merit and ability. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
We would love to be able to contact everyone who replies but due to the volume of responses we receive we are only able to contact applicants whom we would like to meet.
Whizz Kid Entertainment is committed to eliminating bias in areas of selection and assessment directly or indirectly with regards to gender, ethnic background, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age and recruits fairly based only on individual merit and ability.